As leaders in sustainability, our Drought-Proof Green Space Advocacy Collective team is helping to pave the way for Australians to Go Green with Artificial Lawns.
With Australia’s current environmental landscape on thin ice, it’s important now more than ever to increase our sustainability efforts. As the famous saying goes – the best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago; the second-best time is now. The same goes for making the switch from regular grass to artificial grass.
When installing artificial lawns, you help Australia’s sustainability efforts by:
- Decreasing your overall water usage.
How? Your lawn will not need to be watered to look healthy year-round.
- Reducing your overall carbon emissions.
How? Your lawn will not need to be mowed by petrol or diesel-powered lawnmowers.
- Helping you catch rainwater.
How? By draining water through the surface of the grass into drains or into your own water catchments.
Artificial lawns also benefit the overall look and feel of your outdoor areas. This is because:
- Artificial grass is designed to suit Australian weather conditions.
- Artificial grass can’t be damaged by children or animals.
- Artificial grass doesn’t need to be maintained so that you can be sure your grass looks good every day of the year.
If you’re in a drought-prone area or are looking to do your bit for the planet and Go Green – get in touch with our volunteers today.
We’re here to help Australians enjoy our beautiful country for longer, and the best way to do that is to reduce our overall water consumption and install artificial lawns in our backyards.
The fate of Australia is in all of our hands.